Skip to main content
Try Wikispaces Classroom now.
Brand new from Wikispaces.
Pages and Files
Add "All Pages"
Welcome to our Poetry Wiki!
We hope you enjoy this product of Copper Stream's hard work. Feel free to comment on anything that stands out on any student's page!
On each student's page you will find:
1) Quote about poetry from sheet in class /
Personal statement about the poems (~200 word minimum, common themes and patterns in the work, specific features to look for, new techniques that the poet played with in their poems)
A memory poem (Indicate poetic strategy, condense, and no rhyming!)
3) A riff poem (A line stolen from a poet and made it a part of the poet's own poem.)
4) An ode (honor an object, metaphor, creative & descriptive language, personification, surprising ending). Examples
5) A found poem (at least 10 lines long, found phrases crafted into a poem).
6) "I was raised by..." poem. (Quotes, active verbs, repetition (slight changes), description)
7) Artwork created to accompany a poem
8) Audio recording of a poem (this can be combined with #7)
9) Poem of the poet's choosing (Includes a specific technique: imagery, metaphor, repetition, structure, capitalization, grammar...)
10) Detailed study of a poet (~300 word minimum) = Analysis of both form and content of poet of your choosing. Should examine the poet's work by providing insight into both individual lines and the poet's work overall. Focus is on patterns, themes, and/or what is unique about voice or style. Must integrate quotes from poems for analysis and cite any sources)
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"